Sunday, April 15, 2018

Site #5 and the Sewer Hose Extension


Site #5
At the end of our first week, and based on the state of the bloom, we knew we wanted to stay a third week.  Our current site #13 wasn't available, but site #5 was, so we booked the reservation online.  Again, I parked the motorhome on the left side of the pad in order to give us a gravel path to the door, since we were still experiencing a lot of rain.

With the motorhome pulled all the way forward, I discovered my sewer hose was about seven feet too short.  I had no extension, so off to Camping World in Burlington for the parts I needed.  I use Camco Rhinoflex sewer hose that looks like the photo below.
 The extension I found has all the necessary bayonet mounts, and it collapses down to a pretty small size.
I remember eyeing the bag of replacement gaskets but talked myself out of spending the $5 because my current system wasn't leaking.  The fact I didn't have any spares never crossed my mind.





Back at the motorhome with the extension in place, everything worked great, almost.  I tested with gray water, and the joint between the two hoses was leaking.  Specifically, the old gasket in my original length of sewer hose was leaking.  Back to Camping World, I went to buy the gaskets and a second package as a spare.  With the new gaskets in place, no more leaks.

Sewer hose extension in place.
Sitting on site #5.  Looks like I still could have come forward five more feet.
With the move from site #13 to site #5, we were closer to the clubhouse.  One morning the local high school must have been conducting a marine biology class because the clubhouse patio and the nearby beach was teeming with teenagers.

Clubhouse open to guests of the park
Site #13 is one site beyond the motorhome closest to the water.
Site #5 worked out well for our addition week.  The view was still awesome.  The feature we like more about site #13 is that it is at the point where the RV sites start to turn away from the water.  What this means is that the shades on the driver side of the motorhome can be left open without anyone looking in.


Live well, Laugh often, Love much

No comments:

Post a Comment