Sunday, September 4, 2016

The Art of Wooden Boats

I grabbed my camera and headed over to Boat Haven where I walked the docks and captured some of the beauty expressed in wood.  Many of the boats in the harbor have websites.  For example, the Wells Gray is a 1927 ex-BC Forest Service vessel (www.wells-gray.com).








































Here's a video titled "Sailing Theia in the Port Townsend Wooden Boat Parade":









After seeing the Cape Cleare ashore, I got to watch it launched and moved into its berth.  I love the story behind the Cape Cleare fish company (www.capecleare.com) converting this onetime recreational vessel into a sail-based commercial fisherman.




The restoration of Pax is a fascinating story, and one captured in the book "Finding Pax" (www.findingpax.com).









I never get bored looking at the variety of boats in Port Townsend.  Being a haven for wooden boat building and repair, it's not a surprise that the harbors have so many well maintained wooden craft.


Live well, Laugh often, Love much

No comments:

Post a Comment