Friday, August 17, 2018

Concert After Work

Smiles
Working from the motorhome in lovely locations is a huge perk.  This was a typical Friday, it started with a walk in the morning, and by 6:30 am I was online interacting with colleagues around the globe.  As another beautiful day was forecasted with less haze from forest fires, I encouraged Laura to go into town and enjoy the day browsing the various shops in Old Towne Anacortes.

This was my second trip bringing two monitors.  Since when I'm not on the phone, I'm typically reviewing or creating documents, the increased screen space helped recreate my at home working experience.  Further adding to my productivity was the vast improvement in the Fidalgo Bay RV Resort's Wi-Fi setup when compared to 2016.  While I still occasionally fell back to using my Verizon cellular data plan, I actually accomplished a lot of work using the Wi-Fi.  I mean good enough for email, web browsing, Microsoft Skype calls with presentations, and Zoom conference calls with presentations.  Very impressive.  While not perfect, it was hands down the best experience we've had with "free" Internet at any RV facility.  In fact, it was so good we actually watched some streaming movies on our Amazon FireStick some evenings.

Another fun thing about RV trips is having your workday broken up with text messages from your wife reminding you that there is life after work.

The Friday Concert

Our boating friends the Dubays, who had hosted us aboard their Catalina 445 two weeks earlier, were back in Anacortes after cruising the San Juan Islands.  We decided to head over to Seafarer's Memorial Park near Cap Sante Marina and enjoy the Friday concert together.

Bob and Samantha Dubay.






It was a wonderful way to end a workday.  As we chatted with the Dubays and enjoyed the music, we got to watch the parade of boats going in and out of the marina.


Live well, Laugh often, Love much

No comments:

Post a Comment